Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can PHP be learnt through website tutorials?

PHP is a programming language which is really difficult to understand and it is very useful for the web site developers and is it possible to learn PHP through website tutorials?

I know php is a programming language and when one want to build a dynamic website, he has to use this php. I am also interested to know what php is all about and if possible would learn it.

Well i know what php stands for.I have already tried the online tutorial but still it is real hard to do.As it need each time the script to load on the server and check it works or not.

In the case of PHP the tutorial provided by W3Schools is excellent. you can find it in the destination below
    www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_intro.asp

If we load php compiler (if it is a programming language, it certainly needs compiler) into our machine, is it possible to learn from the online tutorial? Or how one could learn it online? Does PHP needs a compiler?

For testing php files you need to install a server in your system. the most popular and easy to install ones are xampp and wamp server. links are added below. I have worked with both of them and they function perfectly in my system.

xampp : www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

wamp server : www.wampserver.com/en/

Its possible to learn php online but its not easy to learn everything because there are some minor and major tricks available which no site discloses.
    Thanks.

I also feel that learning from outside will ensure that we complete the full course.. you might lose interest in online tutorials easily.. at least that is what I feel..

PHP is not at all difficult to learn.It would take just 20 hours to learn PHP obviously video tutorials will help you a lot to understand PHP.

It is definitely possible to learn php through online tutorial, in facts i learn my lot of programming languages inclusive of PHP througth online free tutorial. Although it may not cover all, but partices and research make perfect. Once we put effort to learn it, it is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Its possible to learn php online but its not easy to learn everything because there are some minor and major tricks available which no site discloses.
    Thanks.
    I think you are talking off logics in programming languages which we will have to think on our own once we learn PHP and it's just like creativity which we have to develop or leran on our own once we finish of learning graphic designing part..right?

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

well it completely depends on individual capability in online education you can't solve small doubts if arise and then you can't advance to next topic.

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Thanks.
    I think you are talking off logics in programming languages which we will have to think on our own once we learn PHP and it's just like creativity which we have to develop or leran on our own once we finish of learning graphic designing part..right?
    Of course practise make perfect, after we learn anything online, we must not stop practicing our skills on the particular field. If not even we are expect in a field, but later may not remember all the coding and become newbie to the language again. By the way, the programming language is always changing too.

Quote Originally Posted by john
    well it completely depends on individual capability in online education you can't solve small doubts if arise and then you can't advance to next topic.
    Yes, this is one more problem as in live classes we get some help when we are stuck in between and in online classes like this, we got to struggle a lot and also will be wasting a lot of time

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Yes, this is one more problem as in live classes we get some help when we are stuck in between and in online classes like this, we got to struggle a lot and also will be wasting a lot of time
    online class is good for those who already taking offline class but using online as added resources.But depending completely on online class is not good what i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    online class is good for those who already taking offline class but using online as added resources.But depending completely on online class is not good what i feel.
    Yes, you are right and if you have already some knowledge of programming languages learning off line and then learn will also work better

Yes, you are right and if you have already some knowledge of programming languages learning off line and then learn will also work better
    Even didnt study any offline class before, by buying some books and go through it step by step, we will able to learn the techniques in short time. I can say almost all my learning is through reading books without class.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by revvv1234
    PHP is not at all difficult to learn.It would take just 20 hours to learn PHP obviously video tutorials will help you a lot to understand PHP.
    will you pl share the video tutorial link of php ..i want to learn,i dont think one can learn php in just 20 hours it is a vast topic.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    Even didnt study any offline class before, by buying some books and go through it step by step, we will able to learn the techniques in short time. I can say almost all my learning is through reading books without class.
    NIce to know that you have learnt all through books and learning this way is not that easy and maybe your grasping power is lot better compared to others

we have to spend lots of time to learn this language. too difficult for me as of the moment. i just find it difficult. i even find it difficult to master html.