Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone learnt web designing without joining a course?

Many of them have learnt web designing going to a class and its actually easy attending classes and learning rather than studying books and learning isn't it? anyone here learnt web designing without attending any class?

I have learnt web designing to some extent without joining any classes. I can work on HTML javascript and ASP.

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

ya some people learn from reading online tutorial and regular hit and trial method but for development one should attend class.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

I learned photoshop without any course and teacher. I just read some books and learn from website tutorial.

Well i too learned all languages online but i must agree it is real hard to learn it.As you have to do many trial and error method usage.In classes it is somewhat easier i think.I am interested to learn other languages.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    Well i too learned all languages online but i must agree it is real hard to learn it.As you have to do many trial and error method usage.In classes it is somewhat easier i think.I am interested to learn other languages.
    It is easy if you join classes but I think that they teach too fast and we cannot learn the exact things that we want to.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.microsoft
    It is easy if you join classes but I think that they teach too fast and we cannot learn the exact things that we want to.
    For me, nowadays, we can learn anything for free from internet.
    Even we can learn foreign language for free on internet

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    For me, nowadays, we can learn anything for free from internet.
    Even we can learn foreign language for free on internet
    I agree with you alec.
    If we want to learn programming, then we can go to w3school.com, and to learn blogging, we can go to problogger.
    Things is easier now since internet era

well i am a medical student and just wanted to learn it for knowledge.Usually my schedule is so tight that i just can't give time for something else like class.So i learned html online when i got time.But for php it was hard for me to learn as each time i have to upload on server to see the results.

I have learnt web designing to some extent without joining any classes. I can work on HTML javascript and ASP.
    I too am in the process of learning web designing through self study.. This would really be a great challenge for me if I could achieve and leaned the language by myself.

Though I have a formal 2 years diploma in Computer application and programming, I have not learn website designing in that course. So far I have done only one website designing and that is also a static website and I learn it by trial and error method totally by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Though I have a formal 2 years diploma in Computer application and programming, I have not learn website designing in that course. So far I have done only one website designing and that is also a static website and I learn it by trial and error method totally by myself.
    How long did it took you to learn web designing my friend. Well I guess that one would be easy for you since you have studied programming and some terminologies are already familiar with you.

Well, it seems many of them have learnt without joining any class and i have become a professional designer now, but i have taken classes on this, but tutors were not good and i think it is the same case in most of the places around

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    Well, it seems many of them have learnt without joining any class and i have become a professional designer now, but i have taken classes on this, but tutors were not good and i think it is the same case in most of the places around
    did you took online tutorial or did you took class there in your place how long did it take you to be where you are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by danega
    did you took online tutorial or did you took class there in your place how long did it take you to be where you are right now.
    I took up classes here and is tarted from basics and took me around 6 months time period to cpmplete the course

I took up classes here and is tarted from basics and took me around 6 months time period to cpmplete the course
    so did you finish the whole course in web designing? did it cover all the things you should learn about web designing after 6 months of studying do you consider yourself good in this field? I really do want to know coz I am setting a time frame for me to learn this thing so I have to know how long would it take me to learn all this starting from basic to the last.

so did you finish the whole course in web designing? did it cover all the things you should learn about web designing after 6 months of studying do you consider yourself good in this field? I really do want to know coz I am setting a time frame for me to learn this thing so I have to know how long would it take me to learn all this starting from basic to the last.
    Well it all depend upon you.I have seenthat peopel learned in some year by self method.I am learning till now since last 6 months.The main thing that matter when you learn by byourself is that you do not remain consistent.

First we started with HTML and then went to basic scripts like Java and also VB and then Photoshop and later i also took Flash for animating things and this was all over in 6 months time.BY this time iw as ready with web designing and later enxt year i did ASP

I didn't take a specific course in learning webpages design. i just learn it from different forum by asking around how to do it when i using a free hosting to start up with. It is really quite a interesting learning to do my own site, but i am not good at all, still a long way to learn.

Actually i also did not learn it by attending any class about web designing, but on my degree course, there are some subject related to webpages, and i just learn theory for answering the exam paper, all designing used software i have to learn by myself to do my website project there. Well, that is quite a long time story already.