Default Anyone here into Domain buying and selling business?

There are many people who do business in Domain and i always think on how they do it? is there anyone her into this business? how you do it?

Default Re: Anyone here into Domain buying and selling business?

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    There are many people who do business in Domain and i always think on how they do it? is there anyone her into this business? how you do it?
    No, i am not in that bussiness.. i buy Domain 2 times.. i think u can contact debasis - he will help u ... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by paramita0101
    No, i am not in that bussiness.. i buy Domain 2 times.. i think u can contact debasis - he will help u ... :wink:
    Many of them do this kind of business.I am not wanting any domain as i am also an web designer here.I am talking of just domain buying and selling.There is a business on this and i really don't know how they do this as many are minting money here

I am from India. We have a website which is running for 1 year and 2 months. Now it requires to increase the space, as 5 MB space is not enough for us. We would like to change the hosting provider as well as the space. What would we have to do and is it possible to keep the domain name same as before?

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

domain brokering is very hard to do.
    Most of people just get $1-5 profit from selling domain, and not every week we can sell a domain

nope i am not into that business i thought who ever is in need of domains will directly buy from the hosting company but even they have brokerage system :!:

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    I am from India. We have a website which is running for 1 year and 2 months. Now it requires to increase the space, as 5 MB space is not enough for us. We would like to change the hosting provider as well as the space. What would we have to do and is it possible to keep the domain name same as before?
    You can always buy extra hosting space with the same hosting server and if you want to change the hosting server also it is not a problem as you can change it to different server wit domain pointing to new hosting space

I only joining for the domain selling affiliates programs, i am agreesive on selling domain, but just putting the affiliates link on my sites, if anyone follow the links and purchase a domain there, i earn comission only.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    I only joining for the domain selling affiliates programs, i am agreesive on selling domain, but just putting the affiliates link on my sites, if anyone follow the links and purchase a domain there, i earn comission only.
    Oh..are you doing good business here? i haven't really tried out any of affelaite programs and domains are also hot selling and maybe you are doing good here..is it?

Oh..are you doing good business here? i haven't really tried out any of affelaite programs and domains are also hot selling and maybe you are doing good here..is it?
    No, not good at all, so far after 1 year of putting the affiliates banner in my site, i only able to get 1 suscessful buyer for the program, i couldn't remember how much i get from the buyer, but it is obviously not much. I am not doing well, cos i really didn't promote it, just put there and let it run.

No, not good at all, so far after 1 year of putting the affiliates banner in my site, i only able to get 1 suscessful buyer for the program, i couldn't remember how much i get from the buyer, but it is obviously not much. I am not doing well, cos i really didn't promote it, just put there and let it run.
    Oh..that is really bad and it is not worth the effort i guess and there might be seperate kind of advertisement for this for sure

well, it's hard to find a buyer to your domain name.
    And we have risk to do this because we need to buy the domain name first, so we use our own money first.

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    And we have risk to do this because we need to buy the domain name first, so we use our own money first.
    Well if you are developing website initially you need a domain name for your site for sure and only if your site gets more visitors then even you domain will be come more in demand

Well if you are developing website initially you need a domain name for your site for sure and only if your site gets more visitors then even you domain will be come more in demand
    Well, if you make a site on a domain, then you're selling website not a domain.

It is hard for us to predict what our customer going to choose for a domain name, so, how can we buy the domain name first and then sell to them, even if we buy earlier, it may gone expires within a year before we get buyer. I thought we are just referring people to their site on this affiliate programs.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    It is hard for us to predict what our customer going to choose for a domain name, so, how can we buy the domain name first and then sell to them, even if we buy earlier, it may gone expires within a year before we get buyer. I thought we are just referring people to their site on this affiliate programs.
    well, that method you're saying is just an affiliate program, not domain brokering.
    Domain brokering mean, you buy a domain, then sell it with higher price.
    yes, it's hard to predict, but once you got an excellent domain name (short and has a mean), then you can sell it 10 or even 100 times in normal price.
    Don't you know that a domain broker company has sj.com, then sell it for more than $500K to standard chartered bank?

Hi Alensot I was doing this previously but now-a-days i left this work due to many reasons but this was a profitable and most demanded business before 2 to 3 yrs back but now its not much demanded as people prefers to build their new site instead of purchasing any existing domain and websites.
    Thanks.

Depends as if i don't want to sell my concepts and the domain is very catchy, i can just sell my domain without my website also

Depends as if i don't want to sell my concepts and the domain is very catchy, i can just sell my domain without my website also
    yes you are absolutely right one can either sell his/her domain or sell his/her whole site or it also possible that he/she can sell his database or content only.
    Take the example of a forum called SOP one guy purchased the database from this forum and the owner charged a lot from him and purchased a bike.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Hi Alensot I was doing this previously but now-a-days i left this work due to many reasons but this was a profitable and most demanded business before 2 to 3 yrs back but now its not much demanded as people prefers to build their new site instead of purchasing any existing domain and websites.
    Thanks.
    He...you are the right person to know all these i guess and how do you do all these domain business and where to start here? i know some people are minting money in this, but really confused on this...i think one need not even spend anything here..isn't it?