Default is it worth to set a charged blog?

i saw some charged blog platforms on other forums, such as typepad , tripod and squarespace, so is it worth to set a charged blog?

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

Default Re: is it worth to set a charged blog?

Quote Originally Posted by wonderful1
    i saw some charged blog platforms on other forums, such as typepad , tripod and squarespace, so is it worth to set a charged blog?
    Hi sorry i could not understand it you mean you have to pay to use their platform or what?can you pl tell in details.

well, what is charged blog platform anyway? I just heard about that now.
    What I know is, typepad is just a site with many blogs in it, like wordpress and blogger.com

Quote Originally Posted by john
    Hi sorry i could not understand it you mean you have to pay to use their platform or what?can you pl tell in details.
    i have to pay fee to platforms.
    for example, if i choose typepad, i have to pay $5 per month. and i will get 100MB storage space.

hyxfei is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

for example, if i choose typepad, i have to pay $5 per month. and i will get 100MB storage space.
    well. there are lots of free blog site and also provide good platforms and big storage space. i'd prefer the free ones still.

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by hyxfei
    well. there are lots of free blog site and also provide good platforms and big storage space. i'd prefer the free ones still.
    well there are many sites giving you platform to write freely to express yourself why to pay them what's the benefit i dont know.

What is the benefits of using this typepad? is it better than those free input platform provided by free blogsite? I think those platform may only suitable for those people that having host their blog site in their own domain.

What is the advantage in having a charged blog platform rather than those of free? Is there better possibility of indexing by google than those from free ones?

I dont think it is worth to pay $5 per month to write blog.hundreds of sites giving opportunity to write blogs and in return they are paying in revenue sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    What is the advantage in having a charged blog platform rather than those of free? Is there better possibility of indexing by google than those from free ones?
    It is easier to get more traffic than free blogs. because the platforms work hard to promote themselves. i feel that it seems like a directory.

I think if you are a good writer and have the capability to take your PR 1-3 .Actually I saw that payperpost like sites only accept those kinds of blogs only, they donot accept blog always.

It is easier to get more traffic than free blogs. because the platforms work hard to promote themselves. i feel that it seems like a directory.
    really? so i know why they charged 5$ monthly now. they charged you members and then promote it . your blog will be affected by some traffic. right?

oh really. that is good. but do you think that we can earn well from it if we get more traffic from this site.cause $5 is not easy to earn from adsense too. but for a try that is not that big amount. i may try that charged blogs. for a month only. if after i have made a good blog already,

With the free wordpress blog script, we can host our own domain name and use our own host, so I don't think now we need for any paid blog even if they provide many other features like promoting or something because it doesn't give us any benefit directly.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    With the free wordpress blog script, we can host our own domain name and use our own host, so I don't think now we need for any paid blog even if they provide many other features like promoting or something because it doesn't give us any benefit directly.
    Well in my opinion if u are interested to sell product though affiliate link peoples don't trust free domain and free site if u had created site for providing some information as well place PPC ads then only it is usable.

Well in my opinion if u are interested to sell product though affiliate link peoples don't trust free domain and free site if u had created site for providing some information as well place PPC ads then only it is usable.
    We are not talking about free host or free domain. I'm saying we can get wordpress script for free so don't need paid blog scripts or platforms.

nop. the traffic can be lead to your blog and those visitors may click your adsense ads also. that's one way of benefit i guess.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

I believe paid blog will give us some benefit or advantage.
    But it's not a matter now, free blog is already good for us to use

yes.i agree with you. if paid blog platform can't give us advantage then no one will pay for that. only most of us do not need of do not know it.