Default HTML Meta tag to your blog

I heard that adding HTML meta tag in the blogger template source code will help the search engines to easily notice you blogs. Can anybody please explain the procedure of adding meta tag in a simple way?

Default Re: HTML Meta tag to your blog

Quote Originally Posted by thoufeeq
    I heard that adding HTML meta tag in the blogger template source code will help the search engines to easily notice you blogs. Can anybody please explain the procedure of adding meta tag in a simple way?
    Key words are important for any website, but this is not the only one for robots to scrawl in a website and you got to learn about SEO which is very effective

what is a html meta tag. i hope to learn this one. seems blogging is really such acomplicated process. no matter how hard i learn there are still some things i have to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by indieover
    what is a html meta tag. i hope to learn this one. seems blogging is really such acomplicated process. no matter how hard i learn there are still some things i have to learn.
    Meta tags are those key words which really tells the sort of website you are having and the search engine robots scroll through these meta tags to list out your site to search engine results

A metatag is tag which describes some of the aspects of the contents of the webpage. The informations provided in the metatags are used for Search engine while indexing the page. Keywords is the most important metatag.

You can see the source code under dashboard>>setting>>layout>>EditHTML

Enter Meta tag you need just below the <head> tag situated at about 6th or 7th line.

You need to know this if you want to claim ownership of a blog to to google, yahoo or any other site as they will ask you to add a specific meta tag to the blog

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

How can we add meta tag to blogger.com especially hosted on blogspot.com?
    I just know that we can add meta tag on wordpress which hosted on own domain

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    How can we add meta tag to blogger.com especially hosted on blogspot.com?
    I just know that we can add meta tag on wordpress which hosted on own domain
    The post I did just above yours gives the method used to add meta tags in blogger blogs.

Well i used the procedure told in the above post.But i have one query if we change a layout with outside theme then does the same thing applies here.Or we have to add meta tag at a different place.

Actually never tried it but I think meta will also be changed on changing to outside theme.. so before replacing code just save the meta to notepad and replace it when changing is finished..

Don't chnage anything in blogger code because blogger is auto seo friendly if and google has changed it rules if you read line by line its rules you find that google has prohibited to change/add/remove any codes from its default code specially meta once i did this but the next day my blogger account has been banned by the google blogger team and the reason was change of meta code.
    Thanks.

but google itself asks us to add some meta code to claim ownership of a blog in google webmaster resources. why do google do that if it is against blogger tos???

google allows to enter adsense codes in between posts by editing the html codes rather than their specified positions. If they allows us to do this, then why they are not allowing to enter metatage there. By entering meta-tags we are not changing the existing format at all.

I have both google and yahoo meta tag in my blogger blog for about 6 months but no problems occurred yet...

Quote Originally Posted by moreinfo
    but google itself asks us to add some meta code to claim ownership of a blog in google webmaster resources. why do google do that if it is against blogger tos???
    Not that that given by google and if you will use thiese tags there will be no problem with google or if you add any ad codes between the body that also not a problem i am taking about doing customize seo on google blog spot which is not allowed and if you add domain forwarding meta tag in ur blog spot then the other day you will loose your blogger account like this otherwise there will be no problem if you add any meta tag to claim your ownership.
    Thanks.

ok that means google considers different types of meta tags differently. Thats why while I had no problem your blog was lost.
    thanks for your help on that one debasis

john is offline Senior Member I was here more times.

you r right debasis actually 3 months back i made a blog on blogger to publish my story and article but nobody was visiting my site so my friend suggest me to do some seo or what...and he did this for me but after two days when i opened my gmail account....i surprised that google had sent me a warning mail that my blog is under review and they are temporarily disabling my access ..they had given few reasons that there is some error in internal code, change in default code which is prohibited like this and after 7 days i blog was entirely deleted and i requested them to allow me to take my backup of my articles but they didn't reply me....