Thread: what is Ajax

Default what is Ajax

Hi all i have found many sites using ajax script what is this script is it like php or what?what's the main use of this script.

Ajax (sometimes called Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) is a way of programming for the Web that gets rid of the hourglass. Data, content, and design are merged together into a seamless whole. When your customer clicks on something on an Ajax driven application, there is very little lag time. The page simply displays what they're asking for. If you don't believe me, try out Google Maps for a few seconds. Scroll around and watch as the map updates almost before your eyes. There is very little lag and you don't have to wait for pages to refresh or reload.
    Ajax is a way of developing Web applications that combines:

* XHTML and CSS standards based presentation
    * Interaction with the page through the DOM
    * Data interchange with XML and XSLT
    * Asynchronous data retrieval with XMLHttpRequest
    * JavaScript to tie it all together

In the traditional Web application, the interaction between the customer and the server goes like this:

1. Customer accesses Web application
    2. Server processes request and sends data to the browser while the customer waits
    3. Customer clicks on a link or interacts with the application
    4. Server processes request and sends data back to the browser while the customer waits
    5. etc....
    Thanks.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Ajax (sometimes called Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) is a way of programming for the Web that gets rid of the hourglass. Data, content, and design are merged together into a seamless whole. When your customer clicks on something on an Ajax driven application, there is very little lag time. The page simply displays what they're asking for. If you don't believe me, try out Google Maps for a few seconds. Scroll around and watch as the map updates almost before your eyes. There is very little lag and you don't have to wait for pages to refresh or reload.

Default Message

Ajax (shorthand for Asynchronous JavaScript + XML), is a group of interrelated web development techniques used to create interactive web applications or rich internet applications.data is retrieved using the XMLHttpRequest object .

this is one of the hardest language to study. i think it is not advisable to learn this if you are not a computer programmer or something.

Ajax script is used to retrieve the external content to add in to your current script that might be HTML code also.

Quote Originally Posted by ashok_singh
    Ajax script is used to retrieve the external content to add in to your current script that might be HTML code also.
    Not like that..i am telling you the meaning of Ajax in gist , Ajax is such type of script if you use it in your site , it will load only a little part of your site but not the entire site..if you are using a general contact form in your site and any person contact you through that contact form ..when he will submit it after writing his message then the entire site will load again to store the content in your sql database , but in case of ajax in stead of loading the entire site , it will load some portion of your site like your contact page it will save your bandwidth and database storage too.
    Thanks.

Ajax (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) is a method of building interactive applications for the Web that process user requests immediately. Ajax combines several programming tools including JavaScript, dynamic HTML (DHTML), Extensible Markup Language (XML), cascading style sheets (CSS), the Document Object Model (DOM), and the Microsoft object, XMLHttpRequest. Ajax allows content on Web pages to update immediately when a user performs an action, unlike an HTTP request, during which users must wait for a whole new page to load.

Default REPLY!

Asynchronous Java Script or AJAX is a server side scripting language that provides dynamic content!
    Google maps are the best example of it!

Quote Originally Posted by satyakam View Post
    Hi all i have found many sites using ajax script what is this script is it like php or what?what's the main use of this script.
    Ajax is a group of interrelated web development techniques.

Asynchronous JavaScript and XML.(AJAX )is a new technique for creating better, faster, and more interactive web applications with the help of XML, HTML, CSS and Java Script .It’s uses XHTML for content and CSS for presentation, as well as the Document Object Model and JavaScript for dynamic content display.

Ajax is a client-side script that communicates to and from a server/database without the need for a postback or a complete page refresh. The best definition I've read for Ajax is “the method of exchanging data with a server, and updating parts of a web page - without reloading the entire page.”