Default Anyone tried this free domain and hosting....

Ha any one tried out dot.tk website as it offers free domain and hosting and it's really good running since very long time

Default Re: Anyone tried this free domain and hosting....

Quote Originally Posted by alensot
    Ha any one tried out dot.tk website as it offers free domain and hosting and it's really good running since very long time
    Hi i never tried this i heard about this for first time from you and another person.there are tons of such site available in internet but befor your thread another person given a thread in dot.tk, he told that dot.tk is a email redirection site.
    Thanks.

I heard of this .tl domain. But i think it is not that popular. And also not an eye candy to the search engines. If you search google then you will see they are almost invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Hi i never tried this i heard about this for first time from you and another person.there are tons of such site available in internet but befor your thread another person given a thread in dot.tk, he told that dot.tk is a email redirection site.
    Thanks.
    This is a good site and you can open a free domain for your self and site can be hosted in their server for free and you can really try it out

well,i haven't heard this site before,but as you say,free domain and hosting,which sounds good.if it is really a good running,i want to have a try.

Thanks.
    This is a good site and you can open a free domain for your self and site can be hosted in their server for free and you can really try it out
    You means we will get a free domain and free hosting plan from it? Wow this is good, but then can i know what is the domain name look like, i means is it a sublevel domain, and how it look? Another things is how big is the free hosting plan provided?

yes i have triend once for my site but since it was new i was fine but later on when i started receiving visitors the site started becoming slow thats the main problem .and free hsoyting and domain are really meant for new comes so i guess we should keep on moving

Quote Originally Posted by wanted123
    yes i have triend once for my site but since it was new i was fine but later on when i started receiving visitors the site started becoming slow thats the main problem .and free hsoyting and domain are really meant for new comes so i guess we should keep on moving
    Free domain and hosting is good for webmaster to test run for their site before full run in their real running site. I always use free hosting to test for my PHP scripts with mysql, to troubleshoot any bugs there before i launched to my actual database, it is a good way for testing platform as well as learning.

ye, you can expect everything from a free server isn't it? we just cannot complain even if it is slow as we are getting free and over that they will be placing their ads in our site hosted there in their server

ye, you can expect everything from a free server isn't it? we just cannot complain even if it is slow as we are getting free and over that they will be placing their ads in our site hosted there in their server
    No i don't agree with you because a free hosting will never provide the ecaxt service like a paid hosting
    1-its very slow
    2-there is the possibility of database loss.
    3-there is no Ddos Protection
    4-it lacks of SMTP services
    5-Some Image will not be display due to permission issue and
    there are lots of demerits available, just run a dynamic site on free server then you can know difference.
    Thanks.

Before i want to try a free domain and hosting,but through having known the experience of using free domain and hosting of other people. they said using free hosting is not very good.so now i quit it and using cheap hosting instead of totally free one.

No i don't agree with you because a free hosting will never provide the ecaxt service like a paid hosting
    1-its very slow
    there are lots of demerits available, just run a dynamic site on free server then you can know difference.
    Thanks.
    it seems like a big hassle to have or use this free webhosting. i have not tried it . but i will definitely not encourage to even try it.

1-its very slow
    Thanks.
    If we just need free hosting and domain for learning on how to make our own site and forum, it should not be a problems with this lack of services. After we polish our skill, then only switch it to paid domain for better services.

Quote Originally Posted by kiatsiang
    1-its very slow
    Thanks.
    If we just need free hosting and domain for learning on how to make our own site and forum, it should not be a problems with this lack of services. After we polish our skill, then only switch it to paid domain for better services.
    Then its Ok but there are many people available who are running their big sites on free hosting services, that's why I told This.

Free hosting is best for those beginners who are just exploring internet and wants their website presence on the net and hence their actual need will not be much

well,it is the first time that i heard that website.if it is really having a good running and its domain and hosting is free.i want to have a try.

Free hosting is best for those beginners who are just exploring internet and wants their website presence on the net and hence their actual need will not be much
    That is right as most time there are many things that make newbie to publish website after say 2 months after registration.I am making some new sites and it takes more than one month for me to learn by trial and error method.