Default Question regarding Page Rank

Hello Friends since many days there is a question in my mind to ask you, friend my question is like google page rank why there is no Yahoo page rank? I think yahoo is older than google so google made page rank system then why yahoo didn't do this thing? Please Clear My Doubt If Possible.
    Thanks.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

I also some times feel that thing always i think every site has some policies as google started this PR yahoo does not want to follow may be it can give separate quality mark to webmasters like alexa does.

Quote Originally Posted by tom
    I also some times feel that thing always i think every site has some policies as google started this PR yahoo does not want to follow may be it can give separate quality mark to webmasters like alexa does.
    I think tom you are absolutely right, thanks for the reply but till now nobody has replied here except you but i am expecting more replies here.
    Thanks.

Every search engine has its own way to rank or categorize sites. Google uses the page rank method. Yahoo also uses a similar method but the name and parameters are different to rank any site in yahoo's search results. For example, yahoo gives more importance to meta-tags and number of sites linking to your site, and displays the results accordingly. On the other hand, Google calls it page rank by including few more parameters.

It hardly makes any difference. Both search engines give preference to good linking, good content and good traffic.