Default How to find Ip addresses of other members in forums?

Friends, I would like to know can I find ip addresses of other members in all forums like WMM, MMK?
    I know admin can find out ip addresses of all members, but I would like to know whether one member can find out ip addresses of other member.

There is a plugin that allows the admin or the members to view the ip addresses of the posters.
    But generally this plugin is switched off for regular members and only is available for Admins and Super mods.
    This is done to avoid disclosing the location of the members, which the members wouldn't want to be disclosed

Quote Originally Posted by ravitejag
    There is a plugin that allows the admin or the members to view the ip addresses of the posters.
    But generally this plugin is switched off for regular members and only is available for Admins and Super mods.
    This is done to avoid disclosing the location of the members, which the members wouldn't want to be disclosed
    Again you have given very informative explanation, thanks for that. Then, I want to know is it possible for forum admins or moderators, who have access to members ip addresses, to find out proxies if any members use to create multiple accounts in order to earn from RCs?

No i dont think there are any tools available within the forum script which allows the admins nor the super mods to verify the proxy addresses.
    They take help of external sources to learn such a things.
    Foe example if a person's access ips change everytime it is evident that either he is using a proxy or any suspicious behavior would attract the attention of the admin so they manually check the ips and learn that its a proxy

But i am not sure about such tools available within the forum scripts

is it really possible that the members like us can view the ip address of the other members?i don't think so that it is possible because we don't have any access like the admin of this forum.if anyone knows how we can know the ip address please let me know.

well i had seen some one messaging saying that they were logging in to the site with the same ip addresses.
    So i think we can view the ip address just need to figure out how exactly to see it

Well. Moderators can easily check out IP of each members and beside every posts its also clearly mentioned from which IP this post was posted.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

oh that is really good to know Nick,. But tell me one thing, cant any normal member check out the ip address, because i saw some person asking someone on the forum that if he is using same ip address with differnet logins he was not a mod though.

Well if you can't see (as a member) you can't check the IP of other members.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by vimstar2
    oh that is really good to know Nick,. But tell me one thing, cant any normal member check out the ip address, because i saw some person asking someone on the forum that if he is using same ip address with differnet logins he was not a mod though.
    it can never happen that someone join from the same ip with different logins.

Quote Originally Posted by moustafa
    Quote Originally Posted by vimstar2
    it can never happen that someone join from the same ip with different logins.
    Yes, its possible.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ravitejag View Post
    Ya only The site owner will know the Ip address that are visiting or downloading from his Website.But your Real Ip address won't be seen.The IP assigned for you by your ISP will be seen.
    Visit IP-details.com to know what your IP address is and what others can find about your IP address by doing IP search.
    If some one send trojan then they can control and access your site .