Default attractive web pages with text editors like notepad?

Is it possible to create an attractive website with text editors like notepad or notepad++, without using CMS or any WYSIWYG?
    I mean suppose I learn HTML and CMS, can I create an attractive web page only with notepad? But it seems impossible for me, as there will be a huge problem in setting alignments, indentation, and placing background images, floating images, banners in the exact place where we want. What do you think? Do you think it's possible?

It's possible but why you would use notepad where many website creting s/w are available freely in the market?

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    It's possible but why you would use notepad where many website creting s/w are available freely in the market?
    Because I don't want to forget the learned HTML and CSS codes. If I start using free website builder, I'm sure I will forget about these codes. But the problem is whether I will be able to create an attractive web pages as I'm really confused about the aligning texts and placing pictures using width and border attributes.

you can create webpage wrting html codes in notepad, and for this the ideal s/w is dreamweaver. Here, you can see the codes and view the effects simultaneously in a screen. Otherwise you have to browse the codes to see the effects continuously.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    you can create webpage wrting html codes in notepad, and for this the ideal s/w is dreamweaver. Here, you can see the codes and view the effects simultaneously in a screen. Otherwise you have to browse the codes to see the effects continuously.
    well, do you mean even in dreamweaver I have to write codes manually? I thought dreamweaver or frontpage is like free website builder where we have to just drag and place everything to work it out.
    Then can you tell me any software where I can create website without writing codes?

Actually editing html codes in dreamweaver is very easy. you can very easily make a website without writing html codes by seamonkey, I am also using this s/w for my website.

Thanks. I will try seamonkey. But what about "free templates"? Do you think it's worth to create a website using free templates? I never tried using templates, but I'm very tempted by the templates that I see while Google search.