Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Liberty Reserve Mozilla Add-on

Good news for all LR subscribers! Liberty Reserve has launched a new add-on called the LibertyGuard that will help you block those nasty phishing emails.

They described the add-on as this..
    Liberty Guard toolbar protects its users against phishing web sites masquerading as digital currencies. This toolbar does two things: it notifies you when you are on a real Liberty Reserve website and it blocks phishing websites that we found.
    Download it now: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...+guard&cat=all

Wow, good news! It will save a lot of people if it works well. I don't remember what settings I changed on my FireFox (I'm a forgetful person), but my FireFox has prevented me from accessing several phising sites. Btw, have you tried accessing those phising sites using this add-ons? And why it only provides protection for LibertyReserve?

PS: I just realized that it's still on experimental stage, so I think we better wait until the owner makes a stable version.

First of all it is good move from LR and i think it is pervent Phishing email and scamming from hackers anyway i have install i will try it and look how it's work for me... and helpful for me

So far I haven't received any phishing emails or something, anyway I will still download it to protect myself from being scammed in the future. Really, it's a great move by the LR. I really welcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by moneymoney
    First of all it is good move from LR and i think it is pervent Phishing email and scamming from hackers anyway i have install i will try it and look how it's work for me... and helpful for me
    Can anyone here tell me what exactly this about?? Is this for LR account or for the mozilla browser. I am really confused. Tell me one thing, this ad-ons prevents us to filter mail from other site to LR account or in our mail box.

i have received many fishing emails before and at the fisrt time i clicked the link but suddenly i was reminding myself and i did not enter the detalis.after that i saw some posts about the similar thing and i never click those links any longer.i may use this brower soon.

thats good but actually LR has much problems nowadays,, seems that there are many attacks !

ya, its true that - the news is really very good for all of us. Bt i don't use it so much bez i like paypal and alertpay.. Bt I will also try to use this new one.

hyxfei is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

well. though i have an account on LR but this is my first time to hear about this facility. i seldom loginto my LR account because i have not much balance on there. think this would be helpful to me later.

Can anyone here tell me what exactly this about?? Is this for LR account or for the mozilla browser. I am really confused. Tell me one thing, this ad-ons prevents us to filter mail from other site to LR account or in our mail box.
    This is provided by Liberty Reserve to protect us against phising LR website. Pishing website means any site which tries to hack our LR passwords and other login details by creating a website very similar to LR and the site name might be something like this Libertyreseve.com instead of libertyreserve, so when we login into that site, it automatically sends our id and password to the hackers who in return will steal our LR funds. That's why LR has taken a decision to find out a tool called "Libertyguard" which will tell you if it's really a LR website or not.

so. we can be more safe than before when we using our LR account now.
    will this feature tell us the fake address or just forbid us to login the fake sites?

Quote Originally Posted by hyxfei
    so. we can be more safe than before when we using our LR account now.
    will this feature tell us the fake address or just forbid us to login the fake sites?
    Even I don't know about it. I just yesterday installed it but so far I cannot understand how it's going to indicate me if I visit any phising LR website. Anyway, I will try to find out it soon and will update here.

Well this is indeed a good news for all of us but is the release of the add on confirmed by LR. What if the add on has some buds ?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.microsoft
    Well this is indeed a good news for all of us but is the release of the add on confirmed by LR. What if the add on has some buds ?
    So far I have not found any bugs.
    Now I have understood how it indicates if we are visiting real LR or not. Actually, after you install the add-on, you will be shown abbreviations on the right side of your status bar as below in the screenshot :
    http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4...bertyguard.png

If you visit real LR, or PP or Mb site, the abbreviation in the status bar will blink with green color.

Default Message

Actually that is a good thing done by Liberty Reserve.

guys i have installed libert guard days ago. and today i clicked on phishing link on my firefox browser. guess what. i was showed that this site maybe wrong and popuped with raw and blood bones..

even after the coming of add obs i think there is no use because there are still hackers who hacks lr accounts and even There are situation where lr has to closed down so we can understand it is facing severe attacks so there isnt any use of add ons

if we add this libertyguard we can protected not to login those phishing address at least. and this will reduce our potential to be hacked.

poor is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by hyxfei
    if we add this libertyguard we can protected not to login those phishing address at least. and this will reduce our potential to be hacked.
    well it does not really make much of a difference to me , i always check the site by entering it in my browser and not through any email link , though it is useful for those who always forget to do that.

yes. that's more useful for those members failed to click those links sent by email or search the link on line. there are lots phishing link online also and newbies can't clearify which one is the exactly one.