Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default which is the best tool for web designing

which is the best tool for web designing. what type of tools do you need to design a website. are there any web site designing tools that are easy to use for creating a website

I really like to just use notepad because thats really easy for me.!

Default Seamoneky

I am using Seamonkey to design my webpages. It is very easy to handle, though sometimes it becomes difficult to edit visually. As I know to edit html languages to some extent, I have to correct the html codes and view the design through i-explorer. view through seamonkey not alsway depicts the true picture.

I use compozer for designing my websites it is a WYSIWYG tool available free of cost.
    I also used for amaya for sometime but it showed errors in integration of CSS

Well I use DreamWeaver or Microft Expression Web depending on my mood. If you are a learner, you should use Frontpage.
    SmartzKool

Quote Originally Posted by smartzkool
    Well I use DreamWeaver or Microft Expression Web depending on my mood. If you are a learner, you should use Frontpage.
    Is the Frontpage a free s/w and downloadable from net? I heard about it before.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Is the Frontpage a free s/w and downloadable from net? I heard about it before.
    Microsoft FrontPage is a Shareware and not a Freeware. So it is quite obvious that you can't download full version of it from net legally.
    SmartzKool

Does frontpage comes with office suite?? or is it purchased separately??

Quote Originally Posted by moreinfo
    Does frontpage comes with office suite?? or is it purchased separately??
    It doesn't come with Office suite, you have to purchase it separately.
    SmartzKool

Quote Originally Posted by smartzkool
    Well, since I'm a learner I still use the Mic. Frontpage to learn about those HTML, how it look when I put a code and else. May be I will step up to the other, when I've become more advance with the tool.

I think if you know java concepts then you make more efficient your web based applications.

Quote Originally Posted by ashok_singh
    I think if you know java concepts then you make more efficient your web based applications.
    I don't agree with u because without knowing HTML and the basic things how one can design a site only knowing java.Java add some extra things to ur work but it doesn't mean you can design a site without knowing HTML and CSS.
    Thanks.

For me Visual Interdev is enough for website development. I did and doing all development using that microsoft software only which comes with VB setup.

One more thing is Photoshop which is used to develop and design different logos and also images. It is very useful tool for me to create gif images.

I am totally disagree with you. I agree that Java can help you to make your website with more features but without HTML it is really not possible. So I think HTML is the very first thing person should know when we talk about web development.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger
    I am totally disagree with you. I agree that Java can help you to make your website with more features but without HTML it is really not possible. So I think HTML is the very first thing person should know when we talk about web development.
    We totally agree with you tiger HTML is the foundation Out the Building and the java script is the color and decoration part of of the building without the color and decoration we can live in side the building but without a building we can't live with the help of the decoration like this HTML is the basic one should have basic knowledge of html to design a web page and java add some extra feature to it.
    Thanks.

Default Re: which is the best tool for web designing

Quote Originally Posted by mustang
    which is the best tool for web designing. what type of tools do you need to design a website. are there any web site designing tools that are easy to use for creating a website
    To Design Website, we should have one editor for HTML and also it will be good if you have some good advanced editor which can help you to build and design your site fast.

I mean Drag and Drop components and no need to write code. Also one graphics tool which can help you to modify and also to can help to create new images/banners or any logs.

I think you don't want anything apart from these two things.

Adobe Dreamweaver is the best web development software tool available today, you need to learn use of it.

Adobe Dreamweaver is the best web development software tool available today, you need to learn use of it.
    ya you are right i am having Licensed Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 but i want to buys a Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 but its cost high so it will take another 2 months to purchase it.
    Thanks.

Default Re: which is the best tool for web designing

Quote Originally Posted by mustang
    For me For Web Development one should have Good HTML editor which is supporting some server side scripting languages as well like ASP or JSP or other. And another thing is Image Editor.

We require Images and many logos, banners for our site and that is one reason why That Image Editor is important.

Apart from these two thing.. I think nothing is require. Of course there are some other things like web server and application server but that is after development we require it.

Though i'm not a designer still i know that adobe dreamweaver is the best ,then comes the frontpage.