Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why expired domains are very costly?

I accidentally came upon one site which sells old expired domains. But when I searched for its price, it was too costly like $70 to $100, some is more than 100. I don't know understand why old domain fees is so costly.

Do they also give the old website along with the domain?

umm....
    idk
    a website is still a website ya know
    prices on it are originally that price or around it
    i don't see why not charge close to it, it's not like real life item that get used up and price drops ya know
    it can be reused like new

as for the website coming with it i can't be sure to say yes.

Dear lemon, some expired domain have already popular, also get visitors, so their cost is high.

Quote Originally Posted by ishan901
    Dear lemon, some expired domain have already popular, also get visitors, so their cost is high.
    Thank you.
    I want to know because the domain names are so costly, does that mean they are selling website also along with the domain names? That's why I think it's costly.
    Basically, they are mentioning they are selling domains, but in fact, I think, they are selling websites also along with the domains. Am I correct?

I can see some domain names are as much as $2,000 or $3,000. So it must be a website, and domain alone.

well,but i think if the domain owners do not sell them earlier and they wont promote them then it will become less value.

Old domain is normally costly due to the website is already existed in net for some time, and they are having frequent traffics for it. As we all know that for publishing ads, the more traffic means more values. that why old domain have this advantages, so they are more costly. You can check you website worth how much by going to this site www.mywebsiteworth.com

does the expired domain is of any help for us if we buy it?i don't know about any expired domain which could be of a great help.please if anyone has any idea about this then pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by eddielkk
    Old domain is normally costly due to the website is already existed in net for some time, and they are having frequent traffics for it. As we all know that for publishing ads, the more traffic means more values. that why old domain have this advantages, so they are more costly. You can check you website worth how much by going to this site www.mywebsiteworth.com
    wow! It's a great website. I can find value of any website. I found MMK worsh almost 2000$.
    I know there is one more site from which we can find out the daily revenue from the advertisement of any website. Do you know about the site name?

There are famous and have good number of viwership thats why they get expired soon.

Well, friend, I understand old domains are little costly. Then suppose if I don't let my domain to expire, and want to renew my domain, will my domain registrar charge me more fees this time because it has become old? Or else, will it be the same cost?

Renewing should not cost more unless there is increase in overall domain price

But I saw a post aout yahoo increasing the price of renewal here
    http://webworkerdaily.com/2008/06/24...price-to-3495/

domain popularity can be the concerned factor.If you really want a domain name.Buy a new one.Why are you interested in old one?

some of the domains are really attractive and these domain will attract people just by the name and even if these domain expire there has to be buyers at high price as they are sure of making business just through this domain name

Quote Originally Posted by revvv1234
    domain popularity can be the concerned factor.If you really want a domain name.Buy a new one.Why are you interested in old one?
    Expired domains will have extensive back links build to it so it saves much time in promotion and so long as the theme of the website does not change they all will be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by revvv1234
    Actually, if an expired domain is very attractive and capable of attracting more visitors, it can be bought for higher price for sure

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

Can you tell me where you find an expired domain has tag price $100 or more?
    I know that expired domain has no bound with people and company, so we can buy it with standard price unless that expired domain registered again by some company or people, then they sell it

Quote Originally Posted by alec11
    Can you tell me where you find an expired domain has tag price $100 or more?
    I know that expired domain has no bound with people and company, so we can buy it with standard price unless that expired domain registered again by some company or people, then they sell it
    Yes you are right, once the grace period is over the domain name can be registered from any where.

but there are people who register good domains directly or immediately after they expire and sell it in some site. they keep a watch on expired domains.

It is a big money earner for some because they register sites for the normal prize and sell if for hundreds of dollars

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

So, maybe it's not expired domain, it's non-used domain.
    Because once a domain expired, google will reset it's history or PR.

Google will delete the history but the whois history will still be there. I once registered a domain which had 3 previous registrations about which i came to know only when i checked the whois history.

Are you serious [img]ucaids ru/images_8 gif[/img]