Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How 2 use "Indian Bank" debit card 2 verify paypal

I have (maestro) debit card of "Indian Bank" (a bank name). I want to use this debit card to verify my paypal account. Is it possible?
    Today I tried it myself, but it is asking for some security number and it says that I can find from backside of my debit card. But there is no any such number in my debit card backside.
    Can anyone help me with this?

Dear lemon, As I know any Indian Bank Debit card is not allowed to verified your Paypal account, even if visa powered. You need only credit card for verified your paypal account.

Paypal will not allow to verify one's account with any debit card from India. They will only do this with credit card. So try to have a credit card and verify it.

If there is no 3 digit security code available on your card then you can't verify paypal account and moreover your bank has done so to limit the usage of that card. I too had the similar problem with Andhra Bank ATM Debit Card althought it was visa card.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Well as everyone else has already explained you need a credit that is powered by either Mastercard, American Express, Visa ...
    If you don't have one get a VCC and get your paypal verified that is the best option

Quote Originally Posted by ravitejag
    Well as everyone else has already explained you need a credit that is powered by either Mastercard, American Express, Visa ...
    If you don't have one get a VCC and get your paypal verified that is the best option
    I guess there is no need to verify your paypal account unless you have some specific work.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

nick_westlife is right. If you just want to receive money in your paypal account, it is not required to verify it.

Dear friend, nick is right that no need to verify your Paypal, If you want to withdraw more than 500$ every month, than you need to verify your Paypal with credit card, or virtual visa card. Indian banks debit card with security code, visa powered are not allowed from banks for online use, so these are failed to verify Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by ishan901
    Dear friend, nick is right that no need to verify your Paypal, If you want to withdraw more than 500$ every month, than you need to verify your Paypal with credit card, or virtual visa card. Indian banks debit card with security code, visa powered are not allowed from banks for online use, so these are failed to verify Paypal.
    Yes,,,you are right... I tried to do so but failed to do...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by nick_westlife
    Quote Originally Posted by ishan901
    Yes,,,you are right... I tried to do so but failed to do...
    Well as far i know RBI don't support Paypal and as per their rule we can't use Debit card for verification and as far about credit card most of credit card used for international transaction... that's why we can use it for verification..

Quote Originally Posted by nick_westlife
    Quote Originally Posted by ravitejag
    I guess there is no need to verify your paypal account unless you have some specific work.
    It is not about having a specific work...
    It will save you from a lot of head aches ... If by any chance you have been targeted by a scammer and there is a charge back in your account the paypal authority will ask you to verify your account by using a credit card failing on which they would block your account.
    It is better to be safe than sorry Nick

without verifying one cannot send money from his paypal account, so for security reasons as well as to send money, you have to verify your account. Is paypal allows to withdraw money to Axis Bank?

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    without verifying one cannot send money from his paypal account, so for security reasons as well as to send money, you have to verify your account. Is paypal allows to withdraw money to Axis Bank?
    who said you we can't send money from an unverified account?? we can obviously send
    SmartzKool

Quote Originally Posted by smartzkool
    who said you we can't send money from an unverified account?? we can obviously send
    i have also not verified account and i can send and receive money without any problem in my unverified paypal account but with limitation.i don't understand why paypal is not accepting debit card issued by indian banks?coz it is very difficult to get credit card in india as one is required to have PAN number to get credit card in india.

Quote Originally Posted by sushila
    i have also not verified account and i can send and receive money without any problem in my unverified paypal account but with limitation.i don't understand why paypal is not accepting debit card issued by indian banks?coz it is very difficult to get credit card in india as one is required to have PAN number to get credit card in india.
    WEll reserve bank of india or say rbi doesn't allow indian debit cards to be used online for safety reasons and so paypal can't accept it because banks rejects it.
    SmartzKool

i have read in other forum that one can use vitual credit card issued by HDFC bank to verify paypal.
    'You can, as an Indian, verify your PayPal account using your VISA Debit Card from a Bank that has the facility of generating Virtual Credit Cards (like HDFC bank's NetSafe Cards) for online shopping.
    The procedure is like this:
    1. Generate a new Virtual Credit Card (INR 100 would do).
    2. Enter the Credit Card details in the "Add a Credit Card" option of your PayPal account.
    3. Login to your Virtual Credit Card service (like Netsafe Login for HDFC users).
    4. Check for Transaction (Txn) Details tab.
    5. The card you added to your PayPal account will show the details something like PAYPAL*EXPUSE1234, where 1234 denotes the 4-digit number you have to enter in your PayPal account (called the Expanded Use number).

Once you have done all this, your payPal account will be verified and you shall be allowed to send and receive limitless amounts using PayPal."

Quote Originally Posted by sushila
    You can have your credit card from any pvt bank after 6 months of opening your account, at least what Axis bank had told me. I am now in the position to apply for a credit card from this bank. There is no need to have your PAN card.

You can have your credit card from any pvt bank after 6 months of opening your account, at least what Axis bank had told me. I am now in the position to apply for a credit card from this bank. There is no need to have your PAN card.
    although you don't require a pan card but don't you think that waiting for 6 months is a very long time?
    SmartzKool

Well, friends, but the problem is in India we can't get credit card if our monthly salary is less than $1000(Rs. 50,000) per month. In some banks, you can try credit card if your salary is at least 15 to 20,000 but anyway it seems it's for only working people, but for other students or unemployed to get credit card is impossible. That's why we are forced to use VCC. I wish they accept Indian bank debit cards which we can have for free.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Well, friends, but the problem is in India we can't get credit card if our monthly salary is less than $1000(Rs. 50,000) per month. In some banks, you can try credit card if your salary is at least 15 to 20,000 but anyway it seems it's for only working people, but for other students or unemployed to get credit card is impossible. That's why we are forced to use VCC. I wish they accept Indian bank debit cards which we can have for free.
    that is strange, living in India i was not knowing it. Are you sure about this? I don't think that this is the case.
    SmartzKool