Default differene between CPM and PPC

I think "CPM" is also like "pay per click", where advertisers pay us for clicking on their ads. Am I correct?
    Only difference I could make out from them, is "CPM" pay for bulk of 1000 clicks. And PPC pay for every single click. Am I correct?
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with this CPM and PPC. So I'm asking this.

CPM and PPC - I do not understand that .. what is this? I did not heard about it about CPM...

Default Re: differene between CPM and PPC

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    I think "CPM" is also like "pay per click", where advertisers pay us for clicking on their ads. Am I correct?
    Only difference I could make out from them, is "CPM" pay for bulk of 1000 clicks. And PPC pay for every single click. Am I correct?
    mo you are absolutely wrong let me explain you whats the difference between the "CPM" And "PPC" in cpm you will get paid for 1000 page impression but not 1000 click but in PPC you will get paid for each ad click what Google is doing.
    This is the difference between "CPM" and "PPC".
    Thanks.

tom is offline Master Member I was here more times.

Quote Originally Posted by paramita0101
    CPM and PPC - I do not understand that .. what is this? I did not heard about it about CPM...
    CPM is cost per thousand impression and cpc is cost per click in cpm you will get paid when you get 1000 impression of ads and cpc is when any ad will be clicked you will be paid.

Yes CPM ads are cost per impression. Google adsense has both cpc and cpm programe but it does not disclose which ads are for cpm. I heard in a forum that the image ads are for cpm ads, but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Yes CPM ads are cost per impression. Google adsense has both cpc and cpm programe but it does not disclose which ads are for cpm. I heard in a forum that the image ads are for cpm ads, but I don't think so.
    will google show ads randomly wether by words or images?if so then it is hard to earn by cpm because people can not sure how many images will show in their sites.

Yes it is the problem with google adsense as we don't which are the CPM ads. If they disclose it, we can use it accordingly for earning from them better.

CPM is cost per thousand impression and cpc is cost per click in cpm you will get paid when you get 1000 impression of ads and cpc is when any ad will be clicked you will be paid.
    Thanks for your explanation. I wonder how come "M" then instead of I, it should have been "CPI" right? not "CPM". I'm just confused.

Thanks for your explanation. I wonder how come "M" then instead of I, it should have been "CPI" right? not "CPM". I'm just confused.
    Here M is used for Metric. Which means 1000 in Greek (not sure). From there the M came from and used as Cost Per Metric.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    mo you are absolutely wrong let me explain you whats the difference between the "CPM" And "PPC" in cpm you will get paid for 1000 page impression but not 1000 click but in PPC you will get paid for each ad click what Google is doing.
    Thanks.
    i have never known about the difference between cpm and ppc now it give me a clearer ideas about this and how does it works helps me to understand now..

while checking adsense earning, there is a column which is saying 'page impression'. Is the that page impression, for which we have been paid accordingly per 1000 impression?

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    while checking adsense earning, there is a column which is saying 'page impression'. Is the that page impression, for which we have been paid accordingly per 1000 impression?
    Yes you are right that page impression means CPM but adsense rarely pays for page impression.

Quote Originally Posted by debasis
    Thanks.
    that shows we can earn money easily in CPM than PPC. 1000 impressions are not hard to reach, but what about the price for it? and is it allowed autosurf or manual surf?

Quote Originally Posted by wonderful1
    that shows we can earn money easily in CPM than PPC. 1000 impressions are not hard to reach, but what about the price for it? and is it allowed autosurf or manual surf?
    Some sites allow traffic exchange site and some sites does not allow those sites. Well it totally depends on the site rules. You need to check them if you want to use traffic exchange sites.

Quote Originally Posted by darksorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderful1
    Some sites allow traffic exchange site and some sites does not allow those sites. Well it totally depends on the site rules. You need to check them if you want to use traffic exchange sites.
    I dont think good publisher site allows autosurf site or manual traffic exchange traffic they will easily detect the source of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by tom

I dont think good publisher site allows autosurf site or manual traffic exchange traffic they will easily detect the source of traffic.[/quote]

It is true. I think bidvertisers allow autosurf and traffic exhcange sites. I saw it somewhere that they let you post your ad anywhere. Well i don't know if they have changed their policy or not.

alec11 is offline Veteran Member I was here more times.

What I know, adsense doesn't allow autosurf and traffic exchange site.
    Maybe some CPM allow autosurf and traffic exchange site, but they will pay for unique visitors