Default What shall I do to create a forum in my main website?

Suppose if I own a website to sell my products. And my site is hosted with geocities. Now I want to create a forum where my site members can discuss about the products in my website. What shall I do?
    Shall I need to buy new domain for forum? Shall I need to again pay for hosting my forum? Or "Can I host it with geocities freely simply by uploading my forum scripts"?

I want to place this forum in my website home page with the link "Forum", and whenever the visitor clicks on the link, it should lead to the forum page.

Default Re: What shall I do to create a forum in my main website?

I think you need to buy a domain and host it with a paid host as no one will buy products selled by using geocities...
    SmartzKool

it is a very useful question.
    but to open a forum there should be a large host i think.
    and i think it is better to have a new host and a new domain to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by smartzkool
    I think you need to buy a domain and host it with a paid host as no one will buy products selled by using geocities...
    geocities also offers paid webhosting. Actually I was talking about paid web hosting only.
    Actually my question is, I have a website called "mysitename.com", and I want to attach a forum to my home page. To host forum, where shall I go? Can I simply upload forum software to geocities file manager(in my existing plan) to create forum page? or Shall I need to host it again with a new plan, with a new domain?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    geocities also offers paid webhosting. Actually I was talking about paid web hosting only.
    Actually my question is, I have a website called "mysitename.com", and I want to attach a forum to my home page. To host forum, where shall I go? Can I simply upload forum software to geocities file manager(in my existing plan) to create forum page? or Shall I need to host it again with a new plan, with a new domain?
    Well you want that whenever someone opens the site suppose domain.com, you want the forum to open... Am I right?
    SmartzKool

Well you want that whenever someone opens the site suppose domain.com, you want the forum to open... Am I right?
    SmartzKool

No. whenever someone opens my site "domain.com", it should go to main website, and from there they should open my forum by clicking "forum" link. I think the forum url should be something like this "domain.com/forum". For that what shall I do?

Suppose if I own a website to sell my products. And my site is hosted with geocities. Now I want to create a forum where my site members can discuss about the products in my website. What shall I do?
    Shall I need to buy new domain for forum? Shall I need to again pay for hosting my forum? Or "Can I host it with geocities freely simply by uploading my forum scripts"?

I want to place this forum in my website home page with the link "Forum", and whenever the visitor clicks on the link, it should lead to the forum page.
    First you have to purchase a domain hosting site, don't use those free hosting site. Then, you have to know what platform you want to build your forum. Normally, people ppbpb code for forum that strongly support mysql database. So, your hosting must support mysql database. After this, you can start to build your own forum with the code available.

No. whenever someone opens my site "domain.com", it should go to main website, and from there they should open my forum by clicking "forum" link. I think the forum url should be something like this "domain.com/forum". For that what shall I do?
    Lemon_1800, Could not you link google blogger with your website? Actually, I just want to know would it be possible at all! I have also a similar type of plan in future. So I am curious about this.

well I don't know much of geocities. But one is for sure. You needn't have to buys a new domain. Example: your domain is www.myname.com then surely your domain/hosting provider will provide you free subdomain and so you can keep www.forum.myname.com or else www.myname.com/forum (Like one which webmaster Money forum has) :wink:

Coming to the hosting no need to going to separate hosting plan.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Lemon_1800, Could not you link google blogger with your website? Actually, I just want to know would it be possible at all! I have also a similar type of plan in future. So I am curious about this.
    Sorry, I don't know even what is Google Blogger. Can you explain to me the meaning of "Google Blogger"? I have seen this term more often, but I don't know what it is.

well I don't know much of geocities. But one is for sure. You needn't have to buys a new domain. Example: your domain is www.myname.com then surely your domain/hosting provider will provide you free subdomain and so you can keep www.forum.myname.com or else www.myname.com/forum (Like one which webmaster Money forum has) Wink

Coming to the hosting no need to going to separate hosting plan.
    Thanks nick. It's indeed great explanation. I have now got it.

Actually Lemon google has a separate blog where you can easily create a blog if you have a gmail account. That blog is generally called google's blogger.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Actually Lemon google has a separate blog where you can easily create a blog if you have a gmail account. That blog is generally called google's blogger.
    Thanks I got it. Generally, we can redirect our TLD domain to our blog URL using park domain option in control panel of our web server. Similarly, I think we can do for Google blog also.

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Thanks I got it. Generally, we can redirect our TLD domain to our blog URL using park domain option in control panel of our web server. Similarly, I think we can do for Google blog also.
    Lemon, I am not technically sound like you. Could you pl explain the sentence 'TLD domain to our blog URL using park domain option in control panel of our web server' if it can be explained at all!! Else I could search the web for the terms. Thanks.