Default May I link news articles from my website??

Is it possible to link the news articles of well-known newspapers from my website?

Default Re: May I link news articles from my website??

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Is it possible to link the news articles of well-known newspapers from my website?
    We can't understand what you are trying to say. Please explain to us in detail.

As far as I know, you can copy and paste articles or contents from any websites unless and until you keep backlinks of their home pages and you clearly mention the source from where you copied the articles.

I want to write the summary of any interesting news in my website and for detail description, link them with their original sources, i.e., the original newspapers' website. Is it permissible?

I want to write the summary of any interesting news in my website and for detail description, link them with their original sources, i.e., the original newspapers' website. Is it permissible?
    Yes you can. I think it is permissible as it will give them additional free backlinks, and thus benefiting them.

Thanks all of you. That's why I am repeatedly asking this question to all of you. As far as I know, it is permissible to use those links, but I have to confirm the matter.

Yes friend, You can post link of any news paper or news websites in your webpage, that is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ishan901
    Yes friend, You can post link of any news paper or news websites in your webpage, that is no problem.
    Thanks again. Some newspapers, like Financial Times, has some rules to follow for republication of their articles. I think, repulications is not the same thing which I intend to do.

definitely you can have link.

Dear, its your blog and you can do anything you like with your blog. Some time in newspaper or any other site they permit to copy the same content but again at the same time you have to back link to their original page.

So just check the site Bottom page where they write whether you can use the same content in your blog or website. You can have same with some minor changes in it. This will also work.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already linked some articles from my website (can see it) and till now no problem has arised.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already linked some articles from my website (can see it) and till now no problem has arised.
    you are talking about feeds means renowned news paper site's daily news summary will be flashed in your sites home page and when the news paper site update their articles in their sites it will automatically updates in your sites.
    Thanks.

Actually debasish, we have attached yahoo news in our site and exactly this is happening what you have said in your post. Those news are updated automatically, but the rest of the news, we update them manually once in a week.

Actually debasish, we have attached yahoo news in our site and exactly this is happening what you have said in your post. Those news are updated automatically, but the rest of the news, we update them manually once in a week.
    i previously never marked your site carefully but today i came to know that the maximum site is content is brought by the other business news sites by the help of feeder then why you are updating the data manually in every week it automatically do update every news itself.
    Thanks.

For this, we should have their permission, I mean, from the news agencies of India. We have gone through many sites and ultimately reached into this position.

For this, we should have their permission, I mean, from the news agencies of India. We have gone through many sites and ultimately reached into this position.
    I don't think so i have made 100's of news feeder site but no news site restrict us to take feed from their site.I think you should try it there will be o problem with it.
    Thanks.

I think whatever debasis is telling is correct. You don't have to take permission from them. They will be happy if you are linking their site on other sites. Yeah, if you are making exact copy of the content without back link to the original content then there might be a problem.

Best way is to back link to the original content also.. this will solve all your problem.

Thanks for your suggestions to both Debasish and Tiger. I will check it today in google about the news feeder services and let you know what I would get.

Thanks for your suggestions to both Debasish and Tiger. I will check it today in google about the news feeder services and let you know what I would get.
    @ "ssarkar"
    sure you can google it or you can take google news feed content which will helpful to you in making a feeder site.All The Best.

@tiger
    Thanks a lot Tiger For appreciating My reply.
    Thanks.

Default Message

Of course you can link and you dont need any permission for that.

if you give clear indication of the source from where you copy the articles ,i think it is allowed to paste the copied articles in your website.so don't worry,as you like paste and link.