Default what is the difference between blog and website?

I'm new to web designing field. I've still problem with understanding the difference between blogs and websites. After I read definitions of blog from many resources, I conclude that blog is a kind of personal website. So can I say a blog is a website?

Well yeah you can say blog is a website.

A blog (a contraction of the term "Web log") is a Web site, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.

A website is a collection of Web pages, images, videos or other digital assets that is hosted on one or more web servers, usually accessible via the Internet.
    SmartzKool

Thanks for the nice explanation. I have one more doubt about blog. Can a blog have a Top Level Domain?
    Suppose I create a website with TLD but the content in my sites are somehow similar to a blog, so can I say it's a blog?

1st of all Blog is Free and if u creat a good web site then u have tp buy - domine, name etc.

Blog is the colleciton of contributions of different users while website is a child of its owner. Yes, you can create a blog without investing money, but you have to buy a domain name and upload it in the net for which you have to spend money in case of website. Of course you can create a website free by google page creator but this has some limitations.

Thanks for all. Now I've understand the gist of blog and website. I hope soon I'll learn in depth what they exactly mean.
    I visited Google Page Creator, but they no more accepting new sign ups. Only existing users can use Google Page Creator.

usually a blog can also consists of 3 to 4 contributors too.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Thanks for all. Now I've understand the gist of blog and website. I hope soon I'll learn in depth what they exactly mean.
    I visited Google Page Creator, but they no more accepting new sign ups. Only existing users can use Google Page Creator.
    Yes, google is now going to give up the facility of page creator, and instead of it they will soon introduce Google Site. Gadually all the webpages made by page-creator will transform into google Site. You should look forward to Google Site.

i recently got my blog bt i dono hw to use it 4 earning money
    i m completely blank...no ideas....gues cud get sm frm any1 here

Quote Originally Posted by sindu44
    i recently got my blog bt i dono hw to use it 4 earning money
    i m completely blank...no ideas....gues cud get sm frm any1 here
    Earn with adsense ads. Search in google with the keyword "how to earn with blogs"
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

earning with adsense is ok...
    bt 4 developin ma blog....its given i cn post anything of ma interest.....bt to attract traffic wat kinda posts r in lead??........like wat kinda posts wud attract many ppl??

Quote Originally Posted by sindu44
    earning with adsense is ok...
    bt 4 developin ma blog....its given i cn post anything of ma interest.....bt to attract traffic wat kinda posts r in lead??........like wat kinda posts wud attract many ppl??
    People love to discuss with latest cars, bikes or latest technology a lot. If it is in India, then young people are interested mostly in cricket and the lifes of the cricketer. Another most popular topic to discuss is cooking, I think for both men and women.

Default Re: what is the difference between blog and website?

I'm new to web designing field. I've still problem with understanding the difference between blogs and websites. After I read definitions of blog from many resources, I conclude that blog is a kind of personal website. So can I say a blog is a website?

If you ask me,blog is not website!
    Real website is made by web programmer,and blog is allready made for you,and you yust have to choose design!
    But for real website,you make it from nothing

Thanks for all who helped me.
    Now I understand exact difference between blog and website. Now I've created a blog with blogger.com.
    Also I`ve decided to create one more blog in wordpress.com to practice on.

Thanks for the nice explanation. I have one more doubt about blog. Can a blog have a Top Level Domain?
    Suppose I create a website with TLD but the content in my sites are somehow similar to a blog, so can I say it's a blog?
    a blog can have a TLD... If you are using script in the root folder, then example.com will open your blog, if you are using in specified folder, then example.com/blog will open your blog...
    SmartzKool

I have never really created any website so i am not familiar with the scripts and codes ...
    I have worked only with blogger and dint quite reach really far in that too ..
    i play with the HTML code randomly and learn ... But i think in a website there are PHP, XML and HTML codes which u need to understand to work with them ....

Quote Originally Posted by ravitejag
    I have never really created any website so i am not familiar with the scripts and codes ...
    I have worked only with blogger and dint quite reach really far in that too ..
    i play with the HTML code randomly and learn ... But i think in a website there are PHP, XML and HTML codes which u need to understand to work with them ....
    it is not necessary that you will have to learn all the three languages you specified to create a website, you can also create it only using HTMl or any one of them... and it is quite easy...

You can also use Webpage creators to make yourself more comfortable...
    SmartzKool