Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freehostia.com

Default Freehostia.com

Freehostia is webhosting company that hosts upto 2 domains and 10 subdomains for free.
    Other main feature include 250 MB disc space, 5GB monthly transfer and 3 POP3 mails
    They also have some low cost hosting plans
    I joined the this site for creating my site and is working fine for me.
    Anyone want to check it out Here is the link
    www.freehostia.com/

how i can register in freehostia

Default How to join

Just go to the address, Select the your plan as free hosting ( Bannerless)
    Enter Account owner details and submit. You will receive a confirmation mail soon with login details to your control panel

i don't believe that the site is offering so much for free.do you think that i must believe in such sites.what is the profit that the site is getting?how will the site earn?please tell me whether to use this site or not.

I am using the site for about 4 months and till now I encountered no problems.
    I think they are making money from;
    Banner ads in free sites( In some hosting plans not in the one I introduced in this thread)
    Some paid hosting plans
    Domain registering service

freehostia is pretty cool!
    But 2 gigabytes is small capacity for some users!

It is not 2 GB it is 5GB but that is for all your sites togather. Most sites won't need more than that if they are not hosting high size stuff link video mp3, softwares etc.

Quote Originally Posted by moreinfo
    It is not 2 GB it is 5GB but that is for all your sites togather. Most sites won't need more than that if they are not hosting high size stuff link video mp3, softwares etc.
    Yes 2 gb is more than enough unless your site is mp3 or video songs hosted or its a forum.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

this one is really good. one of my friend is using it for over more than 3 months. he is extremely happy with.

Thanks moreinfo, I have no experience about free hosting sites, but this looking cool, also they provide good space.

Default Re: Freehostia.com

Dear moreinfo Freehostia is a very good hosting site with reasonable price but with a limitation of server down problem. i am hosting one of my blog in freehostia.com but maximum time my site is down.So there some merits and demerits of the site.But Overall the site is good.
    Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by moreinfo
    Freehostia is webhosting company that hosts upto 2 domains and 10 subdomains for free.
    Other main feature include 250 MB disc space, 5GB monthly transfer and 3 POP3 mails
    They also have some low cost hosting plans
    I joined the this site for creating my site and is working fine for me.
    Anyone want to check it out Here is the link
    www.freehostia.com/

How this hosting uptime? I need pretty fast webhosting, should I chose this hosting?

Well only 250mb space is it sufficient for you.YOu have not mainted of bandwidth.also the hosting is cpanal or layered panal?
    Please provide more info.
    I think it should be free hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    Well only 250mb space is it sufficient for you.YOu have not mainted of bandwidth.also the hosting is cpanal or layered panal?
    It provides control panel. What you mean by "layered panel? I haven't heard about it.
    It also has many auto installer scripts like wordpress 2.6, Joomla, drupal, etc. So you can install these scripts in one click. But the problem is they have only old versions. If you want new version, you have to upload all files manually.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowking
    It provides control panel. What you mean by "layered panel? I haven't heard about it.
    It also has many auto installer scripts like wordpress 2.6, Joomla, drupal, etc. So you can install these scripts in one click. But the problem is they have only old versions. If you want new version, you have to upload all files manually.
    Free hostia is a semi control panel hosting its not a layered panel hosting and freehostia's annual price is also not bad its provide good service in a low cost.
    Thanks.

Free hostia is a semi control panel hosting its not a layered panel hosting and freehostia's annual price is also not bad its provide good service in a low cost.
    Thanks.
    May I know what "semi control panel" means? I feel its control panel is same as of any other hosts. I mean I could not differentiate among control panels.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    Thanks.
    May I know what "semi control panel" means? I feel its control panel is same as of any other hosts. I mean I could not different among control panels.
    There are 3 types of server hosting script available one is called:- Layered Hosting

Second:-CPanel Script/Hosting Which is known as Control panel hosting

third is called:-Semi contropanel hosting

Layered Hosting is just a 3'rd party integrated ajaxed script

Cpanle is word wide popular server hosting script or server management script where there is many features available just like easy backup,restore of database,Public Or home directory facility,front page extension,virus scan,fire wall protection script enabled and many more features

semi control panel is the mixed of Cpnel and Layered server site script.

Previously i always suggest people to take server from freehostia because its too cheap but now i will suggest everybody not to take it because i found it has no protection to their server and recently one of my blog and my friend's many site has attacked by ddos and many part of the site was not working and one strange thing is that yesterday when i checked one of my site hosted in freehostia i found that all of my databases (mysql) automatically deleted from the server...so i will suggest everyone to take cpanel hosting but not it.

Thanks.

i wonder anyone of you are using their free service?
    the item "free-chocolate" is so attractive to me.
    and i have two domain name now without use.so i hoe i can use their service for free.

Thanks a lot debasis for such a nice explanation. I thought freehostia was a good one because it had many features but after I read your post now I changed my mind and I'm going to shift to any other host.

Quote Originally Posted by elliotthn05
    i wonder anyone of you are using their free service?
    the item "free-chocolate" is so attractive to me.
    and i have two domain name now without use.so i hoe i can use their service for free.
    Dear elliotthn if you want to take their paid service then its ok but i will advice you not to go for their free chocolate service sometimes their database hacked by somebody and many time people's Mysql database deleted from their server if t=you ask about this to them then they will have no answer to it.
    And Another thing is never go for godaddy's hosting service..because they have most complicated server management system and they have taken 3'rd party service and they don't have their own service and their support is very weak.
    Thanks.