Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I learn javascript and php indepth from internet?

I don't know anything about any scripts. I'm completely new to this field. But i'm very keen to learn these scripts at least (javascript and php initially) which are said to be more important for creating a website. I don't have enough money to join any computer tuition, so I decided to learn from internet.

Can I learn javascript and php indepth on internet?

I got two sites from Google search for free tutorials about javascript and php, but it doesn't fit for beginner like me.

Please give me any sites which teach these scripts from the scratch.

Here are some resources I found useful when I started programming
    www.codeproject.com/KB/scripting/jsbeginner.aspx
    www.javascriptmall.com/learn/contents.htm

Well yeah of course you can learn in depth about all these.

go to w3schools.com to know about everything as they provide from basics...
    SmartzKool

it is difficult to learn from internet you should have a good experience guide

Quote Originally Posted by ashok_singh
    it is difficult to learn from internet you should have a good experience guide
    No it is not like that... You can easily learn alot from the internet...
    SmartzKool

Dear lemon, don't worry, if you want to learn, you find all in internet. I can give you a site www.w3schools.com . Please see this site and start learning.

Ya you can learn the best language from ot's basics at w3chool.com
    I personally learned html and css there and now i want o gp for php from there only but you need to have doing good practice as you are your own teacher.

Default Re: Can I learn javascript and php indepth from internet?

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_1800
    I don't know anything about any scripts. I'm completely new to this field. But i'm very keen to learn these scripts at least (javascript and php initially) which are said to be more important for creating a website. I don't have enough money to join any computer tuition, so I decided to learn from internet.

I got two sites from Google search for free tutorials about javascript and php, but it doesn't fit for beginner like me.

you can learn independently from internet and for this www.w3schools.com is the best place to learn.
    Thank You.

you cant get indepth knowledge from internet because you will just know the basics because in real time project you will have many scenarios which you have now practiced in your tutorial.

you cant get indepth knowledge from internet because you will just know the basics because in real time project you will have many scenarios which you have now practiced in your tutorial.
    ya you are absolutely right.i have spend 2 years in book study and another 2yrs for getting practical knowledge and get some tricks how to handle problems but still i need to do hard work on it and have to study more.
    Thanks.

It is really hard to learn from sites, you need to have practical knowledge that you will get from experts who has already worked on those platforms

There are many good online education or tutorial sites available in net ,the best is w3 school but i think one offline institute or teacher is needed for guidance.

It would be hard learn from internet because you might not understanding some critical syntax so you need to take professional guidance.

I prefer you to visit w3schools.com site. This is the best site where you can learn so many things. I learn so many thing from this site. Hope this will be helpful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger

I prefer you to visit w3schools.com site. This is the best site where you can learn so many things. I learn so many thing from this site. Hope this will be helpful to you.
    i think tiger is absolutely right you should try w3schoo its the best site for learning any script or language etc..
    Thanks.

It's certainly possible, I am a Web Designer/Programmer and I learned all I know from the Internet. Check out Tutorials, w3Schools is good and there are others, best way is to experiment, trial and error, etc. Good luck^^

Java and Java script are totally different and PHP is all about stuff related to web designing, it is hard to learn from internet, php you can learn some extend but java you need learn from some subject expertise.

Java and Java script are totally different and PHP is all about stuff related to web designing, it is hard to learn from internet, php you can learn some extend but java you need learn from some subject expertise.
    ya right in internet there are lots of e-books available but one thing if you ever face any problem then who will clear your doubts, so for everything you need a teacher.
    Thanks.

Do you know about any good sites for learning Java i am a beginner and really don't know where to start

Maybe if you know what it is, you can learn further more in websites as websites provide all the things in details these day's and there is one site called www.w3schools.com where you can get all the things to learn and you can refer that