Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Site Indexing - The Most Effective SEO Technique

The most effective SEO technique is to index the pages of new website. There are lot of important issues, one should take care. We are providing a simple guide steps to help you in this regard.

1. Just design you website structure, create your content pages (don't worry if they are not completed yet) and publish them swiftly. Because, the process of indexing, new websites takes about two months. So, this technique helps you saving time.

2. Since, you have already designed your web site structure and contents (may be incomplete or with minimal info) as I said earlier. Now, create a sitemap for the site and submit this to Google Sitemap Service. Yahoo has lately created a similar service to Google Sitemap and so also submits your website to it. There are lots of online free site map generation services available.

Here are few of them, you may use.

* Create your Google Sitemap Online By: XML Sitemaps
    * ROR Sitemap Generator By: ROR Web
    * Site Map Builder By: sitemapbuilder

3. Third step is to submit your website to some Open Directory Project; DMOZ is good and is used as basis by many search engines like Google, MSN and Alexa. This process again takes several months. So, the first step plays a good here too.

4. There are three major search engines namely Google, Yahoo and MSN. Submit all your pages for inclusion in these three major search engines and keep submitting your site pages to other search engines on a regular basis. Do it manually or you may use some search engine submission software or service which may help you by automatic submission.

5. There are lot of SEO Friendly Directories on the web. Some are paid services and some allows free submissions of URL. Submit your website to these SEO Friendly Directories. All major search engines crawls these Directories frequently. This will help you both a catalyst for the indexing of the web pages and also move a step forward in Page rank Building.

6. You may start Building links using Reciprocal Link exchange programs. The text links should not only point to your website homepage but also to other pages down in the website page structure.

7. Posting on Google Groups advertising for your website is something very helpful in building good Page Rank. The posts should include at least two links to your website.

8. Participate in topic discussion on other sites is also a great technique to make your existence strong and do include your site URL in the reference section.

Author: Prashant K Shukla

You can visit our website at mysmartseo.com where you will find lot of Books and articles on SEO, free and paid SEO tools.

Surely guys that would help us out of tackling SEO by ourself. :wink:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

So basically the SEO is for getting your own personal site on the search engine lists? or can you put a blog you have but is hosted by another site? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by NeededHope
    So basically the SEO is for getting your own personal site on the search engine lists? or can you put a blog you have but is hosted by another site? I'm curious.
    Well SEO means Serach Engine Optimization.

It is for getting your site listed on the top if any one searches relevant data to your site.
    SmartzKool

the first site I look for SEO tips is this
    www.rankquest.com/index.html. It contain lot of tutorials and tools for optimization of a site

Quote Originally Posted by moreinfo
    the first site I look for SEO tips is this
    www.rankquest.com/index.html. It contain lot of tutorials and tools for optimization of a site
    Well this is a new site for me. Anyways thanks for sharing. Will look up this site for more information.
    SmartzKool

Thanks to both Pshukla and moreinfor for providing such valuable informations. I have submitted my sitemap to google and yahoo, but how can I submit it to MSN?

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkar
    Thanks to both Pshukla and moreinfor for providing such valuable informations. I have submitted my sitemap to google and yahoo, but how can I submit it to MSN?
    Go and submit from here...

http://search.msn.com.sg/docs/submit.aspx

I don't think there is a need to submit it, they automatically crawl the sites...
    SmartzKool

I think so. As I've launched my website 5 to 6 months back, it had already caught by MSN, don't need to submit it again. Anyway, how many of SEs are there except google, yahoo and MSN?

I think so. As I've launched my website 5 to 6 months back, it had already caught by MSN, don't need to submit it again. Anyway, how many of SEs are there except google, yahoo and MSN?
    there are 100's of search engine world wide but mostly used are these 3 only...
    SmartzKool

i am working on website which i had created but i am not satisfied with that i want to add some new implements can this help me

100 search engines are there, I know. But is it necessary to submit my webpage to each and evey SE? Do you know is there any website which can explain all these!!

100 search engines are there, I know. But is it necessary to submit my webpage to each and evey SE? Do you know is there any website which can explain all these!!
    you need not submit in any Search engine sarkar... I have replied this several times I think...
    SmartzKool

The robots attribute controls whether the SE spiders are allowed to index a page or not. What is the html tag (syntax) if I want to index my page and is this tag be given at the top of each and every page of my site?

The robots attribute controls whether the SE spiders are allowed to index a page or not. What is the html tag (syntax) if I want to index my page and is this tag be given at the top of each and every page of my site?
    This tag is used for disallowing robots from accessing certain pages of the site... It is not used for allowing...
    SmartzKool

What I got from wikipedia that 'noindex value prevents a page from being indexed'. But if one wants to get his page indexed, what should be the syntax. By indexing it takes much less time to find a certain type of information.

Thanks for the informative explanation. And it seems the procedure is very simple, though it will take some time.

Many people mainly try to index their website in Google search, as you said it's very simple if we submit our site to google and then add sitemap. But many people complain submitting sitemap does not work with Google. Google always shows some or other errors while submitting sitemap. Do you know any alternatives to Google sitemap to list all our pages to Google?

Really great article, very helpfull for all. Make a website and go for traffic, through SE submission, submit in directories, submit in classifieds, and some TE is good.

Default Re: Site Indexing - The Most Effective SEO Technique

Quote Originally Posted by pshukla
    The most effective SEO technique is to index the pages of new website. There are lot of important issues, one should take care. We are providing a simple guide steps to help you in this regard.

1. Just design you website structure, create your content pages (don't worry if they are not completed yet) and publish them swiftly. Because, the process of indexing, new websites takes about two months. So, this technique helps you saving time.

2. Since, you have already designed your web site structure and contents (may be incomplete or with minimal info) as I said earlier. Now, create a sitemap for the site and submit this to Google Sitemap Service. Yahoo has lately created a similar service to Google Sitemap and so also submits your website to it. There are lots of online free site map generation services available.

Here are few of them, you may use.

* Create your Google Sitemap Online By: XML Sitemaps
    * ROR Sitemap Generator By: ROR Web
    * Site Map Builder By: sitemapbuilder

3. Third step is to submit your website to some Open Directory Project; DMOZ is good and is used as basis by many search engines like Google, MSN and Alexa. This process again takes several months. So, the first step plays a good here too.

4. There are three major search engines namely Google, Yahoo and MSN. Submit all your pages for inclusion in these three major search engines and keep submitting your site pages to other search engines on a regular basis. Do it manually or you may use some search engine submission software or service which may help you by automatic submission.

5. There are lot of SEO Friendly Directories on the web. Some are paid services and some allows free submissions of URL. Submit your website to these SEO Friendly Directories. All major search engines crawls these Directories frequently. This will help you both a catalyst for the indexing of the web pages and also move a step forward in Page rank Building.

6. You may start Building links using Reciprocal Link exchange programs. The text links should not only point to your website homepage but also to other pages down in the website page structure.

7. Posting on Google Groups advertising for your website is something very helpful in building good Page Rank. The posts should include at least two links to your website.

8. Participate in topic discussion on other sites is also a great technique to make your existence strong and do include your site URL in the reference section.

Author: Prashant K Shukla

You can visit our website at mysmartseo.com where you will find lot of Books and articles on SEO, free and paid SEO tools.
    I've made my xml sitemap and submitted it to google and yahoo a long before. My website has been continuously updated since that. Is it necessary to make my sitemap again and resubmit it to google/yahoo?

how much time paid services takes time to reflect on google and how much time does free services takes times, this regarding to your topic which you mentioned.