Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is e-gold itself a SCAAAAM??

If you read this story of mine you may think that e-gold cannot be trusted any more. Here it is:

It so happened yesterday that i went to e-gold.com by clicking the correct link: https://www.e-gold.com/ and after seeing the 128 bits SSL lock i logged into my account. I checked the balance and it was $10.30. Then i decided to transfer the funds to my another e-gold account and clicked the option 'spend'.

Now you all know that when we want to make a spend we have to type the account number of the person to whom we want to send the money, type the amount, mention the type of currency dollars, euro etc and then we have click 'preview' or 'cancel' and only when we click 'preview' it goes to the next option 'CONFIRM'.

But surprisingly when i clicked 'spend' straightaway it took me to the last option 'CONFIRM'. I did not type the a/c no,amount etc. I was shocked and so immediately i closed the website and came out of it without even logging out. Today morning when i logged in to the site i was once again shocked to see the balance 'ZERO' instead of $10.30 and not only that i 'm unable to check even the 'transaction history' to see who stole my money. When i log into my a/c i can see the balance 'zero' but when i click the 'History' button automatically i get logged out and so i cannot find who stole my money.

So this incident raises the following questions:

1. Is e-gold safe becoz i took all precautions to go to the correct e-gold site and so none can blame me.

2. How cud the hacker loot my money when the site has SSL 128 bits lock.

3. Was it a work of the employees of e-gold as i have heard many such stories about e-gold getting hacked?

4. How to take precautions in future?

Can anyone answer these questions in the larger interest of all members who use e-gold so that we can be extra careful or should we dump e-gold forever as a BIG SCAM.

that is really awful to see that your money is gone in your account. that really worries me to continue using my egold account. since i have not earned money there. i think i will haev to delay using it to receive payments.

Quote Originally Posted by indieover
    that is really awful to see that your money is gone in your account. that really worries me to continue using my egold account. since i have not earned money there. i think i will haev to delay using it to receive payments.
    ya, thats really shoking news for all of us. If its true. I have a lot of times log in problem.

well there is nothing we can do except that we do every thing not to forget our password and of course to protect our pawssword and to not violate their TOS.

i see shishir that you don't know how to spend money from account to another because you can't go to the perview page or confirm page without entering the required amount or the account number so i think yoiu already typed a wrong account number which means that you send your money to an unknown person .

moustafa... i did not type any wrong a/c number and even if you think that i have wrongly sent the money to somebody else then my question is how come in the transaction history no details of the payment is available. Where did my $10 go? If i have paid money to someone or assume somebody hacked my e-gold then in the transaction histroy the details should be there right? Here no details are available. The money has simply vanished. Hence i blame e-gold admin or may be its due to some technical reason i lost the money. But the conclusion is that we cannot rely on e-gold anymore.

shishir... this never happened to me or my friends , we fund and withdarw thousands of times easily and i think if there is no history about your 10 dollars so try to remember if you have 10 dollars or may be you confused between e-gold and paypal or so.

I will tell you if you have already autoclicker to download a random bux, must be his, because most of them are trapped, and there is also a virus (win 32 grams) which is not detected by anti c It is he who does all the games, so before access to account, restart your pc, I demand that you install (deepfreeze) the best solutionl

moustafa...if you dont trust me or think that i'm a fool to simply imagine that there was $10 in my e-gold then here is the solution.... I shall send you the screen shots of the payments made and received okay? or the better option is i'll give you the password of my e-gold a/c so that you can personally access and be surprised to see how $10 vanished from my a/c. I dont mind giving you my passpharse of e-gold as i no longer use e-gold as i hate that site like anything. Tell me which option you prefer??

it was you had been hacked from other place.
    and one of the reason may be the link https://www.e-gold.com/
    it was not http://www.e-gold.com
    the most possible reason is there is Trojan in your computer.

elliotthn05 and others.... why you people dont try to understand me. If i was hacked " THEN WHY IN THE TRANSACTION HISTORY THE MONEY STOLEN IS NOT REVEALED IS MY QUESTION? "

have u try to contact the e-gold support?
    and what does he says to u if u have contact him/her?

Yes i did contact them and they said they will look into matter but so far there is no response and i have given up because i have decided never to use e-gold again.

try contact them again
    cause e-gold has millions of customers n most probably they have forgotten about your problem.
    if they give u the same reply,well,u can call them scam

So shishir, have you already made a screenshot of your e-gold account. Please put it here for a lesson to e-gold users in this forum to be more careful to deal with e-gold.

i haven't registered in this egold nor my my friends told about that! but is it a scam site?

Quote Originally Posted by stalinloud
    i haven't registered in this egold nor my my friends told about that! but is it a scam site?

its still online but everyone left dealing with e-gold because of its problems such as ;blocking accounts without any reason , low security ..etc

Very shocking news Shishir, because I know that e-gold is very secure processor online, but I heard that e-gold not survive in future. Its also possible that your computer may be infected with some virus.

Sorry to hear what happened Shirshir. I have an e-gold account but I'm not using it instead I use another newer processor as my main processor. I still have a small amount on my e-gold account and it still there for years since I don't know know what to do with it. I think your case is isolated and hopefully e-gold support can help you.

are there sites which still uses e-gold, but that currency is gone now isn't it, don't know when the thread was started but now e-gold is dead