Default How to start traffic in my Blog?

I've been blogging for 2 weeks now but how do I get my first visitors???

There are no blogs in my niche to comment on and I've submitted my site to many directories.

my dear friend first of all include your blog's link in your signatures on every forum..this way you would be getting many free visitors..second thing is you can go for link exchanges to get bloggers as your visitors and thirdly go for some directory submissions too as submission to search engines is a different way of getting free traffic and from directories is a another way..then try seeing the results and do some changes with your keywords to have a continuous flow of good traffic..

next best thing is waiting to have everything take its time...am sure you will be having good traffic soon good luck

Quote Originally Posted by byyp
    my dear friend first of all include your blog's link in your signatures on every forum..this way you would be getting many free visitors..second thing is you can go for link exchanges to get bloggers as your visitors and thirdly go for some directory submissions too as submission to search engines is a different way of getting free traffic and from directories is a another way..then try seeing the results and do some changes with your keywords to have a continuous flow of good traffic..

next best thing is waiting to have everything take its time...am sure you will be having good traffic soon good luck
    Everything is fine byyp, but can you explain what is the main purpose of submitting to directories??? How does it help in increasing the traffic to our website???? Can you brief it.
    Earn 0.25$ per Lead
    Hidden Content

Vist my Blog to Make Money
    Hidden Content

Everything is fine byyp, but can you explain what is the main purpose of submitting to directories??? How does it help in increasing the traffic to our website???? Can you brief it.
    realdeal... i thikn if you submit your sites to directories then your page ranking will increase.
    it will help the search enginges to crawl to your sites.
    then more people will browse it based on the keyword search they give...
    so your traffic may increase..
    please anyone correct me if i am wrong

Archy, I think that idea will work for those with already a lot of traffic... but what about the newer blogs. It will be harder for them to get visitors that way... how do you propose to start getting the first visitors to a new blog?

no guys..its nothing like submission to directories is beneficial for those having a lot of traffic..in fact the newbies use it more..

@therealdeal..jagan if you submit your site to them as they have their own page ranks and traffic for various categories..your blog/site gets free exposure with that very page rank and traffic when someone gets under your blog's category and sees it from their site..

secondly..some people(in older days many) use free directories just lke our telephone directories to find good sites related to their interest like we find telephone numbers..and i9n that way they can come across your site too

Do they really do that byyp? Then I need to get my site on as many directories as possible! Thanks for telling me that

Quote Originally Posted by archy22
    realdeal... i thikn if you submit your sites to directories then your page ranking will increase.
    it will help the search enginges to crawl to your sites.
    then more people will browse it based on the keyword search they give...
    so your traffic may increase..
    please anyone correct me if i am wrong

I agree with your point archy..I need some free list of directories to submit by blog over there... Where can i get that information.I could find only a few free directories now...if you can suggest me some list of free directories it would be of great help to me..
    Earn 0.25$ per Lead
    Hidden Content

Vist my Blog to Make Money
    Hidden Content

Nick once gave me a great list :

www.addurl.nu

Lots of directories there

Quote Originally Posted by TheDefier
    Nick once gave me a great list :

www.addurl.nu

Lots of directories there
    what do we need to do here?
    Is it ok if we just put the link over there?

nice informations for me. I will also do that thing. I remember all advice. Thanks for shear with us.

Thanks Defier, there were no sings of my presence in this thread but you made mine too.

@ archy : Alternatively you can use this list http://www.directorycritic.com/free-directory-list.html
    And about submit your site to a directory follow this steps.

*Open any directory
    *Browse to the most relavent category of your site.
    *Then click on Submit link/ Add link/ Add URL button(It might be anywhere in the page).
    *Then it will lead you to a page in which you have to submit your site details.
    *You can submit in 3 different ways.

*Sponsered or features link(ask for some $ for placing)
    Free link
    Reciprocal link

*Submit all the details and click on submit and they will send you mail intimating of your submission.

Am I clear to you.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Any suggestions for Online or Hosting or blog setup Contact me

Dear TheDefier, you need to advertise your blog online and offline both. Advertise offline, news papers are the best, and online, join some traffic exchange, join some social networking sites and forums and advertise your blog.

I am driving traffic through Entrecard.com and blogcatalog.com sites.

In this site, the more we visit other websites, we get more visitors to our site. You have to be active in this to get good traffic.

Can anyone help in getting useful traffic?? I mean how to make my blog enter in search engines??

you need to get many backlinks ,this will increasing your pagerank and ultimately search engine ranking.